the Cale AL
An expedition-ready hardtail
"With raucous off-road ability and a Sherpa-like carrying capacity, it’s ready for expeditions in the high mountains."
Introducing the Cale AL
An aluminium sibling for our most trail-capable bike. A few tweaks and a new lightweight aluminium frame see the latest Cale AL ready to take on any track. With raucous off-road ability and a Sherpa-like carrying capacity, it’s ready for expeditions in the high mountains. Equally at home smashing around your local trail centre, it comes with fast-rolling 29-inch wheels, but will also work with oversize 27.5+ tyres. Equipped with a dropper post and tough suspension fork, it’s mountain-ready out of the box.
- * New aluminium version of the Cale trail mtb with hydroformed triple butted tubing.
- * Rockshox 35 Gold RL 130 mm travel suspension fork with Boost spacing and 35 mm stanchions.
- * Bombtrack Illusion 35 mm oversized handlebar, 800 mm wide and Bombtrack Chase stem with 40 mm extension.
- * WTB ST i29 TCS 2.0” tubeless ready rims.
- * Bombtrack GRAD Boost disc brake hubs with 15 and 12 mm through axles.
- * Kenda Hellcat Pro ATC 29 x 2.4” tubeless ready tires.
- * Sram SX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain with 11 – 50 T cassette and 30 T direct mount chainring.
- * Sram Level hydraulic disc brakes.
- * KS E20i 31.6 mm dropper post with 150 mm travel.
Color 1 Matt Hazy Green Color 2 - Frame 6061-T6 hydro-formed Aluminium, TA,
rack / fender mounts, Boost spacing,
stealth dropper ready, 73 mm BSA BB shell
Fork ROCKSHOX 35 GOLD RL suspension fork, 130 mm travel, 1.1/2" - 1.1/8" Handlebar BOMBTRACK ILLUSION flat bar, aluminium, 35 mm clamping diameter Grips BOMBTRACK RETURN 135 mm grips Stem BOMBTRACK CHASE aluminium stem, 35 mm clamping diameter Headset Sealed integrated aheadset, 1.1/2'' - 1.1/8'' Levers SRAM LEVEL hydraulic Shifter SRAM SX-EAGLE 12-speed trigger shifter Brakes SRAM LEVEL hydraulic disc brakes with 180 mm F / 160 mm R rotors Crankset TRUVATIV STYLO 6K aluminium crank, Boost DUB BB SRAM DUB BSA 73 mm Pedals - Chain SRAM NX EAGLE chain, 1/2'' x 11/128'', 118L Chainring SRAM EAGLE X-SYNC 2, narrow-wide, 30 T Cassette SRAM PG-1210 EAGLE 12-speed, 11 - 50 T Front derailleur - Rear derailleur SRAM SX EAGLE, clutch, long cage Front hub BOMBTRACK GRAD Boost sealed hub, 6-bolt disc Rear hub BOMBTRACK GRAD Boost sealed hub, HG driver, 6-bolt disc Through axle 15 x 110 mm / 12 x 148 mm Front rim WTB ST i29 double wall, TCS 2.0, 32h Rear rim WTB ST i29 double wall, TCS 2.0, 32h Saddle BOMBTRACK ORIGIN saddle Seat post KS E20i dropper seatpost, 31.6 mm, 150 mm travel, 485 mm length Seat clamp BOMBTRACK ORIGIN forged aluminium seat clamp, 34.9 mm Front tire KENDA HELLCAT PRO ATC 29 x 2.4" TLR, tubeless ready Rear tire KENDA HELLCAT PRO ATC 29 x 2.4" TLR, tubeless ready Fender - Rack - Light - Weight 13.8 kg (size M) Weight frame 2100 g (size L, incl. TA, hanger) Maximum rider weight 140 kg incl. luggage ASTM riding condition 4
BB Standard BSA - 73 mm shell width Headset Standard (S.H.I.S.) IS42 / 28.6 | IS52 / 40 Fork Max Tire Clearance w/o fender 27.5'' x 2.8'' / 29'' x 2.5'' Frame Max Tire Clearance w/o fender 27.5'' x 2.8'' / 29'' x 2.4'' Maximum chainring clearance 1x 34 T with 52 mm chainline Maximum chainring clearance 2x - Seat Post Diameter 31.6 mm Seat clamp diameter 34.9 mm Brake mount front PM Brake mount rear PM Maximum rotor clearance front 220 mm Maximum rotor clearance rear 180 mm Front through axle 15 mm x 110 mm, 1.5 thread pitch Rear through axle 12 mm x 148 mm, 1.5 thread pitch Derailleur hanger BT-DH-023 ISO testing standard MTB Crankarm M 170 mm / L 175 mm Q Factor 172 mm BCD crank direct mount (Sram compatible) Chainline 52 mm Spoke length front wheel 292 mm, 293 mm Spoke length rear wheel 294 mm, 292 mm Spoke count (front / rear) 32 / 32 ERD 606 mm Front hub PCD 58 mm Rear hub PCD 58 mm Front hub flange distance / offset 61.5 mm center to center / 3.4 mm Rear hub flange distance / offset 57 mm center to center / 8.8 mm Stem Length 40 mm Stem angle 0° Headset Spacers 1 x 10 mm, 2 x 5 mm Seat post offset 0 mm Seat post length 485 mm, 150 mm travel
Bike Size M L Wheel size 29'' 29'' Seat Tube Length 430 460 Horizontal TT length 630 655 Seat Angle 74.0° 73.5° Head Angle 67.5° 67.5° Headtube Length 120 130 BB Drop 55 55 Chainstay Length 440 440 Fork Offset 44 44 Trail 107 107 Wheelbase Length 1171 1191 Standover 789 808 Reach 452 466 Stack 624 633 Front Center 737 757 Axle to Crown (with 25% sag) 513 513 Minimum rider height * 1700 1790 Maximum rider height * 1810 1900
* Our bike size recommendation generally represents a rough guideline for quickly narrowing down the sizes from which to choose based on the body height. Bike fitting is a complex topic and other measurements and factors have to be accounted for as well. Since no two human bodys are exactly the same it is not possible to give a 100% correct advice for everyone. Therefore BOMBTRACK cannot guarantee for the stated recommendations to be correct for every individual customer. The best way to work out the correct size is to consult a local BOMBTRACK dealer or a professional bike fitter and have them determine the needed size.
Bike Size M L Handlebar type Flatbar Flatbar Width (drops) - - Width (barends) 800 800 Reach - - Flare - - Backsweep 8° 8° Drop - - Upsweep 6° 6° Rise 18 18