Using components selected for performance but with the solid reliability required for endurance riding.
- * Shown size L. Final product may vary in appearance, finish, minor details.
"Fast on tarmac, smooth over broken ground, its broad tyres contain enough air to carry you and your kit comfortably above a range of surfaces."
Introducing the Audax
A slender steel frame, light carbon fork, all the mounts you could wish for, and a high-spec Shimano groupset. The perfect companion on any number of adventures, hydraulic disc brakes and a sub-compact crankset tailor the Audax to audacious long-distance riding. Mixing WTB Horizon and Byway tyres, it’s fast-rolling, yet proficient on broken surfaces. A timeless performer, subtle tweaks like the inclusion of an integrated rear light mount for 2021 help keep it bang up to date. Topped off with a Ritchey finishing kit, it’s happy going as fast or as far as you dare push it.
* Columbus Cromor frame with tapered head tube, rack and fender mounts, through axles, T47 bottom bracket and rear light mount.
* Triple cage mount on downtube for optimized bottle position, bottle cage mounts underneath the downtube and on the seattube.
* Full carbon fork with bottle cage mounts.
* Shimano 105 R7020 2 x 11 hydraulic group with Ultegra RD-RX800 rear derailleur.
* KMC X11 EPT Anti Rust Chain.
* Bombtrack Lyer 30 mm crank with direct mount 2x spider and 32 / 48 T subcompact chainrings.
* Bombtrack Tau 12 mm through axle hubs.
* Tubeless ready WTB STi25 650B rims with tubeless ready WTB Byway front tire and WTB Horizon rear tire.
"Granted, there are plenty of differences between the Audax and Hook EXT. While both are constructed from Colombus Chromor and have full carbon forks, the Audax is, in theory at least, a little snappier in the handling and climbing department – even if it feels relatively subtle in the saddle. Head angles and seat angles are tweaked too. But whilst the Audax and the EXT are clearly different bikes, there’s considerable overlap too. If you like to blend all-road riding with a penchant for forests roads and mellow trails, choosing the right bike might depend on the build kit you prefer."Read More »
Color 1 Glossy Sage Green Color 2 - Frame COLUMBUS CROMOR double butted, TA, rack / fender mounts,internal light cable routing, rear light mount, 86.5 mm T47 BB shell Fork Full carbon, TA, 1.1/2'' - 1.1/8'', with fender / cage mounts Handlebar RITCHEY COMP STREEM III drop bar, 31.8 mm, 5° backsweep Grips BOMBTRACK COMMAND bar tape Stem RITCHEY COMP 4-AXIS 44 forged aluminium stem, -6° Headset Sealed external aheadset, 1.1/2'' - 1.1/8'' Levers SHIMANO 105 ST-R7020 STI hydraulic Shifter SHIMANO 105 ST-R7020 STI 2 x 11 Brakes SHIMANO 105 BR-R7070 flat-mount hydraulic disc brakes with160 mm rotors Crankset BOMBTRACK LYER forged aluminium crank, direct mount interface(SRAM compatible), 30 mm spindle BB BOMBTRACK T47 internal sealed BB for 30 mm spindle Pedals - Chain KMC X11 EPT Anti Rust chain, 1/2'' x 11/128'', 114L Chainring aluminium, subcompact, 48 / 32 T, direct mount spider Cassette SHIMANO 105 CS-R7000 11-speed, 11 - 34 T Front derailleur SHIMANO 105 FD-R7000 Rear derailleur SHIMANO ULTEGRA RD-RX800-GS, clutch, medium cage Front hub BOMBTRACK TAU sealed disc hub, 6-bolt disc Rear hub BOMBTRACK TAU sealed disc hub, 11-speed, 6-bolt disc Through axle 12 x 100 mm / 12 x 142 mm Front rim WTB ST i25 double wall, TCS 2.0, 32h Rear rim WTB ST i25 double wall, TCS 2.0, 32h Saddle BOMBTRACK COMP saddle Seat post RITCHEY COMP 2-BOLT aluminium seatpost 27.2 mm x 400 mm Seat clamp BOMBTRACK ORIGIN forged aluminium seat clamp, 29.8 mm Front tire WTB BYWAY TCS 650B x 47C, tubeless ready Rear tire WTB HORIZON TCS 650B x 47C , tubeless ready Fender - Rack - Light - Weight 10.8 kg (size M) Weight frameset 2410 g frame (size M, incl. TA, hanger)
530 g fork (300 mm steerer, incl. TA)
Maximum rider weight 120 kg incl. luggage ASTM riding condition 2
BB Standard T47 - 86.5 mm shell width Headset Standard (S.H.I.S.) EC34 / 28.6 | EC44 / 40 Fork Max Tire Clearance w/o fender 650B x 50C / 700C x 35C Frame Max Tire Clearance w/o fender 650B x 47C / 700C x 35C Maximum chainring clearance 1x 44 T with 45 mm chainline Maximum chainring clearance 2x 53 / 39 T with 43.5 mm chainline Seat Post Diameter 27.2 mm Seat clamp diameter 29.8 mm Brake mount front FM Brake mount rear FM Maximum rotor clearance front 160 mm Maximum rotor clearance rear 160 mm Front through axle 12 mm x 100 mm, 1.5 thread pitch Rear through axle 12 mm x 142 mm, 1.5 thread pitch Derailleur hanger BT-DH-008 ISO testing standard Road Crankarm XS 165 mm / S - M 170 mm / L - XL 175 mm Q Factor 152 mm BCD crank 104 mm (Sram direct mount compatible spider), 4 bolts Chainline 45 mm Spoke length front wheel 272 mm, 274 mm Spoke length rear wheel 274 mm, 272 mm Spoke count (front / rear) 32 / 32 ERD 570 mm Front hub PCD 58 mm Rear hub PCD 58 mm Front hub flange distance / offset 56.5 mm center to center / 6.6 mm Rear hub flange distance / offset 51 mm center to center / 8.8 mm Stem Length XS - S 80 mm / M 90 mm / L - XL 100 mm Stem angle -6° Headset Spacers 1 x 10 mm, 2 x 5 mm Seat post offset 25 mm Seat post length 400 mm
Bike Size XS S M L XL Wheel size 650B 650B 650B 650B 650B Seat Tube Length 470 490 520 550 580 Horizontal TT length 504 519 544 566 593 Seat Angle 74.5° 74.5° 74.0° 74.0° 73.5° Head Angle 71.5° 71.5° 72.0° 72.0° 72.0° Headtube Length 105 125 145 170 195 BB Drop 68 68 68 65 65 Chainstay Length 420 420 420 420 420 Fork Offset 53 53 53 53 53 Trail 59 59 56 56 56 Wheelbase Length 987 1005 1018 1037 1055 Standover 746 765 793 818 841 Reach 361 373 384 396 408 Stack 534 553 574 590 609 Front Center 577 595 607 626 643 Axle to Crown 385 385 385 385 385 Minimum rider height * 1500 1600 1700 1790 1880 Maximum rider height * 1610 1710 1810 1900 1990
* Our bike size recommendation generally represents a rough guideline for quickly narrowing down the sizes from which to choose based on the body height. Bike fitting is a complex topic and other measurements and factors have to be accounted for as well. Since no two human bodys are exactly the same it is not possible to give a 100% correct advice for everyone. Therefore BOMBTRACK cannot guarantee for the stated recommendations to be correct for every individual customer. The best way to work out the correct size is to consult a local BOMBTRACK dealer or a professional bike fitter and have them determine the needed size.
Bike Size XS S M L XL Handlebar type Dropbar Dropbar Dropbar Dropbar Dropbar Width (drops) 400 420 420 440 440 Width (barends) 446 466 466 486 486 Reach 75 75 75 75 75 Flare 10° 10° 10° 10° 10° Backsweep - - - - - Drop 116 116 116 116 116 Upsweep - - - - - Rise - - - - -