the Audax AL
A sporty touring bike or an audacious audax machine
- * Shown size S. Final product may vary in appearance, finish, minor details.
"Employing short chainstays, it’s a bike that’s happy to change lanes quickly, but yet remains solidly planted thanks to a larger than average contact patch."
Introducing the Audax AL
A modern audax bike. Our Audax AL uses its voluminous tyres and carbon fork to float over a range of surfaces. Able to accommodate both broad treads and mudguards, a huge range of fixings mean it’s happy carrying standard panniers or bikepacking bags. With a unique rapid geometry featuring short chainstays and an engaged front end, handling is kept lively. Balanced by the enhanced grip and comfort of its 650B tyres, the Audax AL nevertheless remains happy to be ridden day after day. Fitted with Microshift’s wide-ratio XLE 11-speed groupset, a clutch derailleur provides assured operation in rough conditions.
* Lightweight aluminum frame with heavily hydro formed tube profiles and T47 bottom bracket.
* Full carbon fork with bottle cage mounts.
* Microshift XLE11 wide-range groupset with Microshift SB-M110 1 x 11 drop bar dual control levers.
* Microshift XLE rear derailleur with clutch for less chain slap on rougher terrain.
* Bombtrack Lyer 30 mm aluminium crank with 40 T direct mount narrow wide chainring.
* TRP Spyre brakes with Jagwire KEB-SL compressionless cable housing.
* Bombtrack ARC disc brake hubs with 12 mm through axles.
* WTB ST i21 tubeless ready rims with WTB Horizon 650B x 47C tires.
* Toptube bag direct mounts, triple cage mount on downtube for optimized bottle position, bottle cage mounts underneath the downtube and on the seattube.
Color 1 Glossy Sky Blue Color 2 - Frame 6061-T6 double butted aluminium, TA, fender mounts,86.5 mm T47 BB shell Fork Full carbon, TA, 1.1/2'' - 1.1/8'', with fender / cage mounts Handlebar BOMBTRACK CX-10 drop bar, 31.8 mm, 10° flare Grips BOMBTRACK COMMAND bar tape Stem BOMBTRACK ROAM forged aluminium stem, -7° Headset Sealed integrated aheadset, 1.1/2'' - 1.1/8'' Levers MICROSHIFT SB-M110 DUAL CONTROL LEVER mechanic Shifter MICROSHIFT SB-M110 DUAL CONTROL LEVER 1 x 11 Brakes TRP Spyre C flat-mount disc brakes with 160 mm rotors Crankset BOMBTRACK LYER forged aluminium crank, direct mount interface(SRAM compatible), 30 mm spindle BB BOMBTRACK T47 internal sealed BB for 30 mm spindle Pedals - Chain KMC X11 chain, 1/2'' x 11/128'', 114L Chainring CNC machined aluminium, narrow-wide, 40 T Cassette MICROSHIFT CS-HG113 11-speed, 11 - 46 T Front derailleur - Rear derailleur MICROSHIFT RD-M665M, clutch, medium cage Front hub BOMBTRACK ARC sealed disc hub, 6-bolt disc Rear hub BOMBTRACK ARC sealed disc hub, 11-speed, 6-bolt disc Through axle 12 x 100 mm / 12 x 142 mm Front rim WTB ST i21 double wall, TCS 2.0, 32h Rear rim WTB ST i21 double wall, TCS 2.0, 32h Saddle BOMBTRACK COMP saddle Seat post BOMBTRACK BEECH aluminium seatpost, 27.2 mm x 400 mm Seat clamp BOMBTRACK ORIGIN forged aluminium seat clamp, 31.8 mm Front tire WTB HORIZON 650B x 47C Rear tire WTB HORIZON 650B x 47C Fender - Rack - Light - Weight 10.4 kg (size M) Weight frameset 1810 g frame (size M, incl. TA, hanger)
530 g fork (300 mm steerer, incl. TA)
Maximum rider weight 120 kg incl. luggage ASTM riding condition 2
BB Standard T47 - 86.5 mm shell width Headset Standard (S.H.I.S.) IS42 / 28.6 | IS52 / 40 Fork Max Tire Clearance w/o fender 650B x 50C / 700C x 35C Frame Max Tire Clearance w/o fender 650B x 50C / 700C x 35C Maximum chainring clearance 1x 42 T with 45 mm chainline Maximum chainring clearance 2x 50 / 34 T with 43.5 mm chainline Seat Post Diameter 27.2 mm Seat clamp diameter 31.8 mm Brake mount front FM Brake mount rear FM Maximum rotor clearance front 160 mm Maximum rotor clearance rear 160 mm Front through axle 12 mm x 100 mm, 1.5 thread pitch Rear through axle 12 mm x 142 mm, 1.5 thread pitch Derailleur hanger BT-DH-018 ISO testing standard Road Crankarm XS 165 mm / S - M 170 mm / L - XL 175 mm Q Factor 152 mm BCD crank direct mount (Sram compatible) Chainline 45 mm Spoke length front wheel 273 mm, 274 mm Spoke length rear wheel 274 mm, 272 mm Spoke count (front / rear) 32 / 32 ERD 568 mm Front hub PCD 58 mm Rear hub PCD 58 mm Front hub flange distance / offset 56.5 mm center to center / 6.6 mm Rear hub flange distance / offset 51 mm center to center / 8.8 mm Stem Length XS - S 80 mm / M 90 mm / L - XL 100 mm Stem angle -7° Headset Spacers 1 x 10 mm, 2 x 5 mm Seat post offset 24 mm Seat post length 400 mm
Bike Size XS S M L XL Wheel size 650B 650B 650B 650B 650B Seat Tube Length 470 500 530 560 590 Horizontal TT length 505 527 551 569 592 Seat Angle 75.0° 74.5° 74.0° 74.0° 73.5° Head Angle 71.0° 72.0° 72.0° 72.0° 72.0° Headtube Length 100 120 150 180 205 BB Drop 70 68 68 65 65 Chainstay Length 420 420 420 420 420 Fork Offset 53 53 53 53 53 Trail 62 56 56 56 56 Wheelbase Length 991 1000 1021 1041 1059 Standover 728 754 782 812 838 Reach 368 379 390 401 411 Stack 512 533 561 587 611 Front Center 581 590 610 630 647 Axle to Crown 385 385 385 385 385 Minimum rider height * 1500 1600 1700 1790 1880 Maximum rider height * 1610 1710 1810 1900 1990
* Our bike size recommendation generally represents a rough guideline for quickly narrowing down the sizes from which to choose based on the body height. Bike fitting is a complex topic and other measurements and factors have to be accounted for as well. Since no two human bodys are exactly the same it is not possible to give a 100% correct advice for everyone. Therefore BOMBTRACK cannot guarantee for the stated recommendations to be correct for every individual customer. The best way to work out the correct size is to consult a local BOMBTRACK dealer or a professional bike fitter and have them determine the needed size.
Bike Size XS S M L XL Handlebar type Dropbar Dropbar Dropbar Dropbar Dropbar Width (drops) 400 420 420 440 440 Width (barends) 446 466 466 486 486 Reach 75 75 75 75 75 Flare 10° 10° 10° 10° 10° Backsweep - - - - - Drop 116 116 116 116 116 Upsweep - - - - - Rise - - - - -