A long-range mountain bike
"Triple cage mounts plus the ability to fit a rear rack mean it’s possible to ride into remote locations, drop the bags, and have some fun exploring new trails."
Introducing the Cale
A modern steel hardtail. Long, with a stable wheelbase, the Cale’s tight back end allows it to flick through the rough stuff while remaining efficient on long-haul stretches. Building on the success of the Beyond+ models, it’s a bike made for exploring the most technical routes. Backed by a RockShox Pike fork, a wide bar and short stem let you plot a steady course through any terrain. Drop the saddle and smash downhill thanks to a KS E30i dropper seatpost, climb back up using the huge 10 – 52 T gear range provided by the new Sram GX Eagle 2.0 12-speed groupset. Either way, it promises fun when pointed in any direction.
- * Hardtail trail mountain bike based on our experience with the Beyond+ range, can be run with 29'' or 27.5’’ plus wheels.
- * Rockshox Pike Select 130 mm travel suspension fork with Boost spacing 35 mm stanchions and 42 mm offset.
- * Bombtrack Illusion 35 mm oversized handlebar, 800 mm wide and Bombtrack Chase stem with 40 mm extension.
- * WTB ST i29 TCS 2.0” tubeless ready rims with Maxxis Ardent 29 x 2.4” TLR tires.
- * Bombtrack GRAD Boost disc brake hubs with 15 and 12 mm through axles.
- * Sram GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain with 10 – 52 T cassette.
- * Magura Trail Sport hydraulic disc brake with four front pistons and two at the rear for maximum power and control.
- * Magura Storm SL.2 180 mm rotors.
- * KS E30i 30.9 mm dropper post with 150 mm travel.
“With a fun, simple and useful bike like this, you begin to ask yourself if buying a full-suspension bike made of "modern” materials is really what you need. Is the rear suspension really that necessary? How about stiffness and low weight? A 2.85” tire with the right amount of pressure will give you plenty of grip and absorb small bumps along the way. On the downhills, you can count on your legs to do their job, sure, the control over roots and rocks is not the same as on a full suspension bike, and if misjudge a jump it might get a bit harsh (thanks to whoever is building kickers with flat landings, my ankles really do hurt a little) so that might get a bit annoying. But in fact, a bike like this would probably be the most appropriate for the majority, or might I say “capable enough. If I had to choose which bike to take to an enduro race, either a XC full suspension bike or this one, I would definitely choose this one! And if I were to choose the one bike for every use, this would probably be the one. In fact, the Cale intrigued me so much I started dreaming about a steel trail hardtail for myself, on which I would just change a thing or two to make it more personal."Read More »
„The Cale looks like a rather aggressive bike, but with a 120mm fork, it is quite manageable as an all-rounder singletrack bike, more so than the latest crop of longer-travel enduro hardtails.“Read More »
Color 1 Glossy Dark Teal / Cyan Color 2 - Frame 4130 double butted crmo, TA, rack / fender mounts, boost spacing, stealth dropper ready, 73 mm BSA BB shell Fork ROCKSHOX PIKE SELECT suspension fork, 130 mm travel, 1.1/2" - 1.1/8" Handlebar BOMBTRACK ILLUSION flat bar, aluminium, 35 mm clamping diameter Grips BOMBTRACK RETURN 135 mm grips Stem BOMBTRACK CHASE forged aluminium, 35 mm clamping diameter Headset Sealed semi integrated / external aheadset, 1.1/2'' - 1.1/8'' Levers MAGURA TRAIL SPORT hydraulic Shifter SRAM GX-EAGLE 12-speed trigger shifter Brakes MAGURA TRAIL SPORT 4 piston front, 2 piston rear with 180 mm rotors Crankset SRAM DESCENDANT aluminium crank, Boost DUB BB SRAM DUB BSA 73 mm Pedals - Chain SRAM GX EAGLE chain, 1/2'' x 11/128'', 118L Chainring SRAM EAGLE X-SYNC 2, narrow-wide, 30 T Cassette SRAM XG-1275 EAGLE 12-speed, 10- 52 T Front derailleur - Rear derailleur SRAM GX EAGLE, clutch, long cage Front hub BOMBTRACK GRAD sealed hub, 6-bolt disc, 15 x 110 mm thru-axle Rear hub BOMBTRACK GON sealed hub, XD driver, 6-bolt disc, 12 x 148 mm thru-axle Front rim WTB ST i29 double wall, TCS 2.0, 32h Rear rim WTB ST i29 double wall, TCS 2.0, 32h Saddle BOMBTRACK ORIGIN saddle Seat post KS E30i dropper seatpost, 30.9 mm, 150 mm travel, 485 mm length Seat clamp BOMBTRACK ORIGIN forged aluminium seat clamp, 34.9 mm Front tire MAXXIS ARDENT 29 x 2.4" TLR, tubeless ready Rear tire MAXXIS ARDENT 29 x 2.4" TLR, tubeless ready Fender - Rack - Light - Weight 13.8 kg (size M) Weight frame 2910 g (size L, incl. TA, hanger) Maximum rider weight 140 kg incl. luggage ASTM riding condition 4
BB Standard BSA - 73 mm shell width Headset Standard (S.H.I.S.) ZS44 / 28.6 | EC44 / 40 Fork Max Tire Clearance w/o fender 27.5'' x 2.8'' / 29'' x 2.5'' Frame Max Tire Clearance w/o fender 27.5'' x 2.8'' / 29'' x 2.4'' Maximum chainring clearance 1x 32 T with 52 mm chainline Maximum chainring clearance 2x - Seat Post Diameter 30.9 mm Seat clamp diameter 34.9 mm Brake mount front PM Brake mount rear IS Maximum rotor clearance front 220 mm Maximum rotor clearance rear 180 mm Front through axle 15 mm x 110 mm, 1.5 TPI Rear through axle 12 mm x 148 mm, 1.5 TPI Derailleur hanger BT-DH-008 ISO testing standard MTB Crankarm S - M 170 mm / L - XL 175 mm Q Factor 172 mm BCD crank direct mount (Sram compatible) Chainline 52 mm Spoke length front wheel tba Spoke length rear wheel tba Spoke count (front / rear) 32 / 32 ERD 606 mm Front hub PCD 58 mm Rear hub PCD 58 mm / 64 mm Stem Length 40 mm Stem angle 0° Headset Spacers 1 x 10 mm, 2 x 5 mm Seat post offset 0 mm Seat post length 485 mm, 150 mm travel
Bike Size M L XL Wheel size 29'' 29'' 29'' Seat Tube Length 430 460 500 Horizontal TT length 608 633 648 Seat Angle 74.0° 73.5° 73.5° Head Angle 67.0° 67.0° 67.5° Headtube Length 110 120 125 BB Drop 55 55 55 Chainstay Length 440 440 440 Fork Offset 42 42 42 Trail 114 114 110 Wheelbase Length 1150 1170 1180 Standover 783 802 825 Reach 433 450 463 Stack 610 619 627 Front Center 721 741 750 Axle to Crown (with 25% sag) 509 509 509 Minimum rider height * 1700 1790 1880 Maximum rider height * 1810 1900 1990
* Our bike size recommendation generally represents a rough guideline for quickly narrowing down the sizes from which to choose based on the body height. Bike fitting is a complex topic and other measurements and factors have to be accounted for as well. Since no two human bodys are exactly the same it is not possible to give a 100% correct advice for everyone. Therefore BOMBTRACK cannot guarantee for the stated recommendations to be correct for every individual customer. The best way to work out the correct size is to consult a local BOMBTRACK dealer or a professional bike fitter and have them determine the needed size.
Bike Size M L XL Handlebar type Flatbar Flatbar Flatbar Width (drops) - - - Width (barends) 800 800 800 Reach - - - Flare - - - Backsweep 8° 8° 8° Drop - - - Upsweep 6° 6° 6° Rise 18 18 18